"Rochester - What the Dickens!" Rochester by waringa
Rochester Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 2 photos
I was lucky enough to live in Rochester for just over a year and so got to see all of the seasons in the pace. I can honestly say that it is one of my favourit places to stay (live) inb the UK. Convenient for Central London (only 45 minutes by direct train), yet so close to beautiful countryside, water front and charming little villages and towns.
Rochesters main claim to fame is the it is the birthplace and inspiration for Charles Dickins. If anything I think that this can hinder the place somewhat. If you can avoid the various Dickins festivals and weekends (the place just gets too full) then there are some great places to see and wonderful places to eat and drink.
- Pros:Great buildings and archatecture
- Cons:sandwiched by Chathan, Gillingham and Strood
- In a nutshell:A great year round place for a visit.
If you are in the area look out for the anual music events in the castle grounds. In the year that I lived there they... more travel advice
waringa's Related Pages
Rochester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rochester - What the Dickens!"
- "No rush in Rochester"
- "Rochester, Medway Kent"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rochester
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Rochester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rochester
Top 10 Pages
- Rochester Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 3 reviews
- Brugge Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Ward of Tobago 3 reviews
- Andorra Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Margaret River Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Worksop Intro, 2 reviews
- Marrakesh 1 review
No friends yet.