"Largest Icelandic Community Outside of Iceland" Gimli by Ames24
Gimli Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Gimli is located on western shore of Lake Winnipeg, about an hour or so north of Winnipeg.
Around July of every year the town is swarmed with incoming 'fish flies' that come off the water. Of course most of them die and the beach and streets are full of them.
As said, Gimli is the where the largest settlement of Icelandic peopls have settled outside of Iceland itself. Here at the water's edge of Gimli is a huge Viking statue.
Ames24's Related Pages
Gimli Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gimli
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Gimli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gimli
Top 10 Pages
- Acapulco Intro, 4 reviews, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yelapa Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Querétaro Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chile Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Winkler Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Veracruz Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Edmonton Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 4 reviews
- Estado de Guerrero Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue