"Palenque, Chiapas" Top 5 Page for this destination Palenque by Blitzaka
Palenque Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 728 photos
The ruins in Palenque are located just 5 minutes from the city of Palenque. Take a local ''colectivo'' in the streets. This are kind-of-vans from VW. Colectivos will take you there for just $7 pesos
To visit this great place you will need at least 2 hours and a good photo camera.
If you are taking a video camera you will have to pay $30 pesos for the permit. The entrance to the ruins is $35. DO NOT pay for the trip in any local travel agency. You can hire a tourist guide right there in Palenque.
- Pros:5 minutes from Palenque City
If you want to travel through all Chiapas take Palenque as a ''base camp'' at least for three days. From Palenque... more travel advice
Zapatistas are NOT friendly to anyone. Not even if you are a tourist or a local. If you decide to travel during dark... more travel advice
Blitzaka's Related Pages
Palenque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palenque - The Most Awesome Mayan City!"
- "Palenque, Chiapas"
- "Palenque: A Mayan Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palenque
- Hotels in Palenque
- Transportation in Palenque
- Nightlife in Palenque
- Restaurants in Palenque
- Shopping in Palenque
- Warnings and Dangers in Palenque
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Palenque
- 8 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Palenque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palenque
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palenque Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ruinas de Yaxchilan Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Estado de Chiapas Intro, 1 photo
- Mérida Intro, 1 review
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.