"Weekends in Boston" Boston by Callavetta
Boston Travel Guide: 3,799 reviews and 8,028 photos
One of the best things about working for a Company with locations all over the world is the chance to spend time in places on the weekend following business. On my second trip to Boston in this manner, I felt I got to know the city much better and have really fallen in love with it.
While I worked, Jill visited the Boston Acquarium where she took some great photos of the sealife on display.
This trip we took a group of co-workers on a Harbor Cruise to celebrate their anniversary of being part of our Company. I truly believe that getting out on the adjoining water is a great way to see any waterfront City. Boston is no different. The view of the Cityscape as we left was just beautiful.
Manhattan has Central Park, San Francisco had Golden Gate Park, Denver has Washington Park. It seems every big City has it's bit of green where one can go and escape the hustle and bustle of the City. In Boston it's Boston Common. This particular weekend it was mostly brown, still not recovered from Winter. The lagoon was empty and the famous "Swan Boats" won't be out for a few more weeks. But kids played on the trees, the hillsides and the statues.
I would have loved to see Boston Commons the week before, when it was covered in snow. The rolling hills look like excellent sled runs and you can't help but think of the snow people who must have dotted the Commons.
- Pros:A city steeped in History
- Cons:Much of the history has been built over
- In a nutshell:Irish pubs, the Freedom Trail, Italian restaurants and seafood
In a town full of Lobster Rolls, Neptune's Oyster, a teeny tiny little place tucked in between a bunch of Italian... more travel advice
The Marriott Boston Long Wharf is perfectly located for a weekend in Boston. Long Wharf pier is just steps away from the... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 9 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (25)
Videos in BostonSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue