"Georgetown, Colorado" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown by Callavetta
Georgetown Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 75 photos
Georgetown is located on Highway 70, just east of the Eisenhower Tunnel. This charming western town is worth a stop to visit its "Main St." (actually 6th Street) with old shops and cute restaurants, picnic in its peaceful park, poke through 100 plus year old buildings, or ride the Georgetown Loop Steam Railway.
Georgetown is most known for the Georgetown Loop Railway. Stop at the railway's visitor center and cafe to buy tickets. Picnic by the river, and check out some of the old trains near the parking lot.
Downtown Georgetown has many unque shops, restaurants, and bars.
- Pros:The Georgetown Loop Railway runs daily in summer
- In a nutshell:A quiet little old mining town
The Georgetown Loop Steam Railway has been operation out of Georgetown for thirty years. This was very nearly the last... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown....an old mining town west of Denver"
- "Georgetown, Colorado"
- "One of Colorado's Best Towns"
- "Queen of the Silver Camps"
- "Georgetown- My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue