"Dillon" Dillon by Callavetta

Dillon Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 52 photos

Welcome to Dillon

At first glance the town of Dillon appears to be a gateway.... the small town with all the amenities for stocking up for your ultimate destination. But the town should not be overlooked. Scratch below the obvious surface and you will find a historical museum, live theater, concerts, a weekly farmers' market, live concerts, parks, restaurants and a working marina.

Lake Dillon

Lake Dillon provides the scenic centerpiece for Summit County. Glorious views from every angle present an aspect to the viewer of 14,000 foot peaks surrounding the area.

Old Dillon lies beneath the lake. In the spring of 2003 the water level was so low (30% full) that the steeple of the old church actually rose above the surface of the water!

Each year locals have a lottery, betting when the ice will melt on the lake. An alarm clock is placed on the ice. When it falls through, the person with the closest time wins. This year it was May13th.

Keystone Resort

If you haven't yet, be sure to visit my Keystone pages for more tips and photos of this incredible area.

• Last visit to Dillon: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 31, 2003

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Lake Dillon looks very scenic! How's your summer going?

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 1:06 AM

Hi Katherine, Stopping by to visit Dillon and say hello. Looks like a lovely little western town. I'd love to see some underwater photos of the drowned town! Hey puts a new meaning on 'Let's go Down-Town!'hehe How are you??

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2008 at 5:01 PM

excellent little page - but no place for dylan !

• LauraWest's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2007 at 2:05 AM

Must stop reading these restaurant reviews; making me too hungry...it is 4 a.m.!

• etfromnc's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Happy birthday!! I hope that you are having your best yet and that the coming year is even better. I was in CA and CO within the past couple weeks but unfortunately not in San Francisco nor ski country.

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2006 at 5:39 PM

Thks again for the visits, I think you were the first on those pgs! Maybe next time I'm there we can meet up. Or maybe when I'm out in Spain (possible next assignment). I got 5 days on the slopes &balso snow shoe'd outside of Boulder :)

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Strangely enough, a couple of the restaurants are amongst my favourites too - off skiing now!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2005 at 4:22 PM

Katherine, I would love to play golf on that River Course. Your restaurant tips are really outstanding. Some mighty fine photos to accompany your excellent narration.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 7:03 PM

Your Dillon page is another Colorado Rocky Mountain High, K. BTW, we drove over the Highway 9 Loveland pass this past summer. Beautiful.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 11:57 AM

Excellent Dillon Pages. I get out that way at least once a year. Having a son living in Denver helps. The Rockies always make me high.

Callavetta

“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”

Badges & Stats in Dillon