"Aspen - Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" Top 5 Page for this destination Aspen by Callavetta

Aspen Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 210 photos

Aspen Mountain

I took a scouting trip to Aspen this weekend. The annual Jazz Aspen brought Natalie Cole to town. Natalie is one of my all time favorites, so I booked a hotel room and took the three hour drive from Keystone.

There are two Aspens; the Mountain and Nature Aspen, and the Aspen where you go to see and be seen. Highway 82 runs right through the middle of town, and while not too many people will venture further on 82 than Aspen, I would encourage everyone to take this drive. The narrow, twisting two lane highway (that frequently narrows down to one lane) goes through some of the most beautiful forrest I've ever seen.

The town itself is full of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Summer brings a music festival that lasts from June through September. There is a huge worldclass culinary arts festival in June. There are several pedestrian only streets and outdoor cafes and bars line the streets.

For the action seekers; mountain biking, 4-wheeling, horseback riding, hiking, golf, river rafting, and kayaking are just a beginning to what is in store for visitors.

• Last visit to Aspen: Jun 2004
  • Intro Written Jun 27, 2004

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 5:10 PM

I love mountains and I have been curious about Aspen since the very first time I heard about it. After reading your tips I am sure I want to see the Maroon Bells!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 8:41 AM

great page, luvved it.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Glorious photos, Katherine! Your pictures of the countryside are so pretty...the mountains so majestic!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 8:17 AM

Great photos/detail on Aspen - you've fueled my Italian nephew's dream! We dream of Rome - he dreams of Aspen...... Best wishes, Carol

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 4:36 PM

Excellent hotel tips. What a beautiful set of photographs of Aspen.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2005 at 10:20 AM

Hmmmmmm - and now I have to re-read Hunter S Thomson!RIP - another original bites the dust :(

• masc4s's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2005 at 1:46 AM

Superb photo's Katherine, you managed to capture the fall colours perfectly. Well written and a good read :-)! I'm gassing up my private jet as we speak!

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 7:27 AM

Great page! Thanks for the hotel tip!

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 1:21 AM

What a beautiful place!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 7:11 PM

Looks like I'm traveling through the Rockies tonight, aren't I? Another beautiful look at Colorado. Such a lovely part of America.

Callavetta

“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”

Badges & Stats in Aspen