"Aspen - Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" Top 5 Page for this destination Aspen by Callavetta
Aspen Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 235 photos
I took a scouting trip to Aspen this weekend. The annual Jazz Aspen brought Natalie Cole to town. Natalie is one of my all time favorites, so I booked a hotel room and took the three hour drive from Keystone.
There are two Aspens; the Mountain and Nature Aspen, and the Aspen where you go to see and be seen. Highway 82 runs right through the middle of town, and while not too many people will venture further on 82 than Aspen, I would encourage everyone to take this drive. The narrow, twisting two lane highway (that frequently narrows down to one lane) goes through some of the most beautiful forrest I've ever seen.
The town itself is full of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Summer brings a music festival that lasts from June through September. There is a huge worldclass culinary arts festival in June. There are several pedestrian only streets and outdoor cafes and bars line the streets.
For the action seekers; mountain biking, 4-wheeling, horseback riding, hiking, golf, river rafting, and kayaking are just a beginning to what is in store for visitors.
Subject to reservation, you can camp at one of a couple of Maroon Bells Campsites. The sites are well marked and sit... more travel advice
A short trail strolls through the remains of Old Independence, now a ghost town. Beaver ponds, dams and lodges can be... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Aspen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The rich but not famous"
- "Aspen - Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"
- "The Allure of Aspen in August"
- "Aspen and Carbondale, whirlwind trip"
- "Amazing Aspen!"
- "Aspen - not just a ski town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aspen
- Hotels in Aspen
- Transportation in Aspen
- Nightlife in Aspen
- Restaurants in Aspen
- Shopping in Aspen
- Warnings and Dangers in Aspen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aspen
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Aspen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aspen
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue