"Tiburon" Tiburon by Callavetta
Tiburon Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 21 photos
Spend a sunny afternoon at one of the several nice restaurant terraces at the edge of the Bay. Tiburon is a small, extremely affluent community built on a series of knobby hills that jut out into the north end of SF Bay. From the water's edge you will have a beautiful view of San Francisco. Angel Island looks so close you would swear you could throw a stone.
Ferries from Tiburon take you to Angel Island and San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf). These ferries are operated by the Blue and Gold fleet and are smaller than those that go to Sausalito and Larkspur. If you want to take a bike back to the city this way, be sure to get there early. There is a limit to the number of bikes allowed onboard and this is a popular way to go. If you don't make the cut it's a long ride back!
This is a great place to hang and enjoy the scenery. Watch the ferries come and go.
- Pros:Picture perfect town sitting on the north end of SF Bay
- Cons:Extremely expensive and hard to find parking
- In a nutshell:A great way to spend an afternoon: sipping a drink, munching a snack
Sam's Anchor Cafe is a great seafood spot on the water. Sam's even has a place you can park your own boat, if arriving... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Tiburon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "lewarren's new Tiburon Page"
- "A great place to spend a few hours"
- "Tiburon: The Sacred Rock"
- "Tiburon - yet another great find!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiburon
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Tiburon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiburon
Photos in TiburonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue