"Remember Alfred Hitchcock?" Top 5 Page for this destination Bodega Bay by Callavetta

Bodega Bay Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 108 photos

Remember Tippi Hedren?

Remember "The Birds"? That movie put fear in me for years! When I walked to school I had to pass a tree with a Mama bird who thought I wanted to hurt her babies. That bird would dive at my head, trying to fend me off. And having seen "The Birds" I was sure I'd be pecked to death.

Bodega Bay still has reminders of the movie. A peaceful little fishing village, with lots of distractions and things to do, you have to look hard to find some of them. While we may remember the children running down the hill from the school house, to the harbor, the actual school house is about 5 miles from the harbor (which incidently very recognizable anymore either). There is Bodega Bay and the small, inland town of Bodega. Both are worth a look.

The Old Church from The Birds

Just a few steps away from the school yard is the little white church that was also featured in the movie.

The Coastline

Today the area around Bodega Bay is most famous for it's rugged and beautiful coastline. This photo was taken from just a few miles north of Bodega Bay proper. Take some time to drive the coastline, stopping at some of the state beaches as you go. These aren't the kind of beaches where you'll want to swim or lay in the sun for long. I can't think of a time I've been here when it hasn't been very cold and windy.

• Pros:A small, relaxing place to spend a weekend
  • Last visit to Bodega Bay: May 2006
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2006

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 8:31 AM

looks a great place - never heard of it until now. cheers.

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 8:35 AM

I use to work for Universal as a tour guide many moons ago. They used Oreo cookie crumbs to portray many of the birds on telephone wires and in the distance...ah the secrets of movie magic! Great page on Bodega Bay. Kat

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 12:38 PM

A really scenic place regardless of the reminder of the movie filmed there. Love your description of the hotel.

Callavetta

“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”

Badges & Stats in Bodega Bay

Have you been to Bodega Bay?

Latest Activity in Bodega Bay