"It's the Journey, Not the Destination" Top 5 Page for this destination Big Sur by Callavetta
Big Sur Travel Guide: 307 reviews and 879 photos
Today, April 7th, gas prices in Big Sur were the most in the entire U.S. $3.79/gallon for regular!)
When my e-pal, Mina, said that she had set a goal to run in the LA Marathon just 4 months away I was in awe. "You do it", I told her,"and I'll be at the finish line. So when the March 7th date neared and she was up to 20 miles at a pop (up from walking a mile!), I figured I'd better plan on going to LA.
Daughter Jill, and I headed out, the day before the race. We decided to make an adventure of it and drive at least part of the way on the Pacific Coast Highway, also known as California Highway 1, which hugs the coastline with twists and turns.
The drive, while not for the timid is incredibly beautiful and we managed to be there in perfect weather.
Recent rains scared the mountain-sides and left piles of recently tumbled rocks on the side of the road. It really made you realize what a catastrophe it would be should one happen to pass through at the wrong moment.
- Pros:One of the most beautiful routes in the US
- Cons:Twisty, curvy, falling rocks and sharp cliffs. Not for the timid.
- In a nutshell:It would be a shame if you died without seeing this coastline.
This is one of my favorite places in the world to meditate. On this particular day, the sea was violent and the waves... more travel advice
Julia Pfeiffer Burns is a lovely small park in the California State Park system. Located about 10 miles south of the... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Big Sur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY 4th of July"
- "Big Sur: A Rare Gift"
- "Big Sur, One of My Favorite Places"
- "It's the Journey, Not the Destination"
- "Big Sur"
- "C'est beau, c'est Sur, c'est le Big Sur"
- "The Big Sur Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Big Sur
- Hotels in Big Sur
- Transportation in Big Sur
- Nightlife in Big Sur
- Restaurants in Big Sur
- Shopping in Big Sur
- Warnings and Dangers in Big Sur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Big Sur
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Big Sur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Big Sur
- Posted in Travel Big Sur Forum "Re: From Big Sur to San Francisco"
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Big Sur travel pages
- updated a Big Sur Travel Page "It's the Journey, Not the Destination"
- Wrote a Review The Northern-most Cove at Point Lobos in Big Sur Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Northern-most Cove at Point Lobos"
Photos in Big SurSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue