"I LOVE this place!" Top 5 Page for this destination Locarno by Callavetta
Locarno Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 243 photos
As a huge fan of Italy, I was very intrigued by this Italian region of Switzerland, and the Ticino does not disappoint. I have come to think of it as Italy-lite, with all of the things I love about Italy (the warmth, enthusiasm, rich language, love of life and food...) and none of the inconveniences (train strikes, unexpected closures, laundry hanging out of windows).
- Pros:Beautiful Scenery, enthisastic people, Italian food
- In a nutshell:All of the good things of Italy and none of the inconveniences
I have a rule against eating my meals at the hotel where I stay. For the most part, this is a rule that has served me... more travel advice
Hiking is a very popular activy in the Ticino. Hikers use multiple ways of getting to the many trailheads. From Locarno... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Locarno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "la citta` delle camelie"
- "I LOVE this place!"
- "Madonna del Sasso"
- "A Day Trip to Locarno"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Locarno
- Hotels in Locarno
- Transportation in Locarno
- Nightlife in Locarno
- Restaurants in Locarno
- Warnings and Dangers in Locarno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Locarno
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Locarno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Locarno
Photos in LocarnoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue