"Vevey" Top 5 Page for this destination Vevey by Callavetta

Vevey Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 85 photos

About 10 minutes from it's famous sister Montreux, Vevey is a Swiss lakeside town just jam packed with things to see. Whether you come to browse the Saturday (and Wednesday) morning market in the Square, or to prowl through the many antique shops in the old town, or just to stroll the lakeside promenade and take in the sumptuous views of the end of Lac Leman, Vevey is a delight.

This is where Charlie Chaplin came to live out his golden days. Today you will find families relaxing by the lakeside. Paddle boats are available for hire. Sailboats offer a more technical challenge. Or just hop on one of the steamers and relax your way to another of Lac Geneva's jewels.

One of my best afternoons was spent on a boat to Geneva (5 sunny relaxing hours). After dinner lakeside in Geneva I took the one hour train ride back to Vevey.

• Pros:Beautiful scenery
  • Cons:Pricey
  • In a nutshell:A very nice way to pass a few days
  • Last visit to Vevey: Jul 2002
  • Intro Written May 2, 2005

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM

lovey looking place. happy new year btw. sb,

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I'm gonna be in Montreux next week for a few days and I only have 2-3 hours of freedom. Your page convinced me that I should spend it in Vevey.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2007 at 6:58 PM

I'm sorry we didn't have time to include Vevey, there was so much I wanted to see!

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2005 at 11:21 AM

Just practicing the rating Kat, in case i loose LOL

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2005 at 8:45 AM

Great writeup on Vevey! thank you for introducing it to me, if it were not for you, I would not have gone!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2003 at 1:12 PM

an enchanting place I enjoyed too

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2003 at 1:10 PM

You captured the spirit of this region perfectly. And you know how to enjoy travelling!

Callavetta

“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”

Badges & Stats in Vevey