"Charm, Charm and more Charm" Great Rissington by Callavetta
Great Rissington Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos
A visit to the Cotswolds is like stepping back in time. All around you are hillsides, meandering streams, sheep, walking paths, stone houses, hedgerows, wide fields of mustard flowers, old stone churches, more sheep, an occasional dog, more stone houses, another stone church with picturesque graveyard....... well, you see where this is going.
We rented a car and headed to the Cotswolds for what was to be a three night stay. Since it was our first experience driving in the UK getting from Oxford to Great Rissington, where we had reservations at the very charming Lamb's Inn, took every last ounce of our energy. My travel partner, Janet, started out driving but not too far into the actual Cotswolds, with it's very narrow roads and tall hedgerows, she stopped the car and jumped out and said "You drive!"
Between night one and night two we drove around the charming charming charming area... we visited Ann Hathaway's cottage, Bibury with it's picturesque village, and negotiated countless roundabouts. We strolled about Great Rissington itself, visited the stone church and poked about the graveyard.
Then we decided we were up to our eyeballs in charm. And cancelled night three and moved on, toward Scotland.
In short, the Cotswolds are beautiful and charming and romantic and QUIET. If you're looking for action, it's probably not where you want to be!
I found this helpful Cotswolds Hyperguide when I was planning my visit. Not only does it provide extensive information about each of the towns and villages that make up this historic region of England, it also lists campgrounds, hotels and inns in the various parts of the area.
It's the definitive source for history, lore, events, and attractions. It is the essential tool for planning a Cotswolds visit.
- Pros:Beautiful, quiet, historical and charming
- Cons:Not much else going on
We strolled around the village of Great Rissington. It's small and charming. We came upon a gentleman pruning his hedge.... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Great Rissington Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Great Rissington
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Great Rissington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Great Rissington
Photos in Great RissingtonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Great Rissington hotel reviews
- The Lamb Inn
- 332 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013