"Studying Abroad" Top 5 Page for this destination Tübingen by Callavetta
Tübingen Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 240 photos
My daughter Lorna is studying abroad this year at the University of Tubingen. She's having the most remarkable experience. The program is through the California State University, San Francsico. She is spending the first semester cramming as much German as possible so that she can take her regular course of study in the Spring Semester.
I found this live webcam at the Markplatz in the town of Tubingen. I find myself looking at it several times a day. One evening (her time) Lorna called me from her "handy" (cell phone) marveled at how lovely the city was from the bridge spanning the Nekkar. I asked how far she was from the Markplatz. "5 minutes", she replied. So she walked there and I looked at her while we talked.
Her sister in San Francisco was also online so I IM'd her to look and she watched as well. Then Lorna said "Hold on, I've got call waiting". It was Jill in San Francisco, stealing my phone time!
Update: 2/3/05 Lorna continues to have a fabulous experience. If you'd like to read more about a college student in Tubingen check out Lorna's journal
Update 2/25/05 I've returned from my visit to Tubingen. It was really a surprise to find out that Tubie is not a small hamlet, but quite a large thriving city. The University, with its teaching hospital, obviously has an impact on the flavor of the city, but the Alstadt is the most compelling tourist attraction.
Much of the beautiful life in Tubingen is clustered around the banks of the river, with glorious old houses spilling down the hillside and weeping willows hanging down into the water.
It snowed the five days I was here and unfortunately, while I could see that sunnier times mean beautiful flowers everywhere, things were either black or white.
- Pros:Tubingen is a wonderful Southern German University Town
- Cons:So far I haven't heard about any negatives
- In a nutshell:Mom! I've run out of money!
Tubingen is in the Swabian (pronounced "schway bee an") region of Germany. There is even a Swabian dialect that is quite... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Tübingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval Academia"
- "Tübingen - colorful despite the rain"
- "Studying Abroad"
- "A Sunny Day in Tubingen"
- "One of the highlights in Baden-Württemberg"
- "A lively small town with a lot of young ppl"
- "Beautiful university town close to Stuttgart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tübingen
- Hotels in Tübingen
- Transportation in Tübingen
- Restaurants in Tübingen
- Shopping in Tübingen
- Warnings and Dangers in Tübingen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tübingen
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Tübingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tübingen
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue