"Strasbourg - A cross between France and Germany" Strasbourg by Callavetta
Strasbourg Travel Guide: 1,073 reviews and 3,459 photos
Strasbourg should be schizophrenic, having gone back and forth between Germany and France for centuries. It definitely has flavors of both countries. The architecture and wood frame houses reek of German influence, the Alsacean food and wines can be found on both sides of the border, but make no mistake, when you're in Strasbourg, you're in France.
The city has a charming mix of old world charm and very modern up to date politics in the buildings that house the European Community Offices. One of the world's most modern tram systems ties the two together.
Situated on the Rhine, there are wonderful parks and if you look closely, you're likely to see the many storks that reside in the city parks.
- Pros:A beautiful marriage of old world charm and modern EuroPolitics
Canals wind their way throughout Petit France. Boat rides are available for visitors. Many locals choose to paddle... more travel advice
The City Park has wonderful ponds and gardens. The ponds at the garden were so full of life. Carp, turtles, baby ducks,... more travel advice
Callavetta's Related Pages
Strasbourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marchés de Noël in Strasbourg"
- "Former Free Imperial City"
- "WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!"
- "weekend in Strasbourg"
- "The Best of Both Worlds"
- "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- "First stop Strasbourg......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strasbourg
- Hotels in Strasbourg
- Transportation in Strasbourg
- Nightlife in Strasbourg
- Restaurants in Strasbourg
- Shopping in Strasbourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Strasbourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strasbourg
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Strasbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strasbourg
- updated a Strasbourg Travel Page "Strasbourg - A cross between France and Germany"
- Posted in Travel Big Sur Forum "Re: From Big Sur to San Francisco"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Strasbourg travel pages
- Wrote a Review Canals and Locks about Petite France in Strasbourg Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Canals and Locks"
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue