"Cherrapunji" Cherrapunji by Callavetta
Cherrapunji Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
An outpost, a couple of hours beyond Shillong, a hill station at the north-east of India, three hours drive straight up from Guawati, already a northern outpost of India. At the end of the road you can see Bangladesh down the mountain.
The population is more Christian than Hindu and there are actually signs of Christmas here in December of 2010. Little chapels and churches dot the landscape. Women don't wear saris but everyone has a checkered sort of apron that covers their garments. It's quite cold and people are wrapped in blankets. Babies are on the backs of a large percent of the population.
A friend often said that and nowhere is it more true than in India. The people of India are so fascinating. You have to look into the faces of the people and try to understand the culture of this massive place.
Callavetta's Related Pages
Cherrapunji Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cherrapunji
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Cherrapunji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cherrapunji
Photos in CherrapunjiSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 54 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 31 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Healdsburg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue