"Festival de Vida in Rosarito" Rosarito by klarson
Rosarito Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 388 photos
Rosarito is located on the Pacific Ocean about 30 miles south of the U.S. border in Mexico's Baja California peninsula. This large town tends to attract weekend party goers from the U.S. There are a few nice hotels in the downtown area, but most of the city is typical Mexican, with plenty of poverty.
Most residents of Rosarito are used to the "Ugly American" image of the visitors who come to this city, due to their drunkeness, etc. But I was there with a group of several hundred Christians as part of an event called "Festival de Vida". This was a 4 day festival and Billy Graham-like evangelistic outreach. Besides the main music and preaching events in the evenings, there were "mini-festivals" held throughout the city. At these little festivals, there was food given out, crafts and entertainment for the children, and other fun things. We were told that the locals were pleasantly surprised by how polite this group was compared to the usual Americans visiting Rosarito. The bartenders were wondering why no one was coming to drink!
Many of the people of Rosarito live in impoverished neighborhoods in the colonias surrounding Rosarito. We did a lot of our ministry in these areas.
- Pros:By the ocean
One day, we were trying to go to a place in the city. There were twelve of us, so we had to take two taxis. The first... more travel advice
klarson's Related Pages
Rosarito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ROSARITO BEACH, MEXICO"
- "Rosarito Beach and a Little Beyond!"
- "Nice Beach Minutes away from TJ"
- "WEEKEND HAVEN FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA"
- "Pink_Pash's Rosarito Fun"
- "Rosarito- On a Sober Day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rosarito
- Hotels in Rosarito
- Transportation in Rosarito
- Nightlife in Rosarito
- Restaurants in Rosarito
- Shopping in Rosarito
- Warnings and Dangers in Rosarito
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rosarito
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Rosarito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rosarito
Photos in RosaritoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Mazatlán Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Albany Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atibaia Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iron River Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Campinas Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos