"Iron River - A Good Place to Get Away From It All!" Iron River by klarson
Iron River Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 8 photos
I go up to Iron River quite frequently, as my mother lives there. She has a nice log cabin on Sunset Lake just a bit out of town. I enjoy going there, especially in the summer. It gets quite cold in the winter, but the snow is usually very white and pretty.
Over the years, there have been efforts to consolidate Iron River with the surrounding communities. First, the school districts of Stambaugh, Iron River, Gaastra, and Caspian were consolidated back in the 70's. Then, more recently, the town of Stambaugh was merged into Iron River, so now Iron River is larger, and Stambaugh is no more.
There is lots to do in and around Iron River if you like the great outdoors. There are plenty of streams and lakes for fishing, and hunting deer and partridge is popular in the fall.
- Pros:Lots of nature, quiet
- Cons:Not too many good stores around
I wouldn't say this is my fondest memory, but as there are no other categories for "special events", I'll put this... more travel advice
klarson's Related Pages
Iron River Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "bobnann's new Iron River Page"
- "Iron River - A Good Place to Get Away From It All!"
- "Iron River"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iron River
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Iron River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iron River
Photos in Iron RiverSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Mazatlán Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Albany Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atibaia Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iron River Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Campinas Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos