"Campinas, São Paulo" Campinas by klarson
Campinas Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 66 photos
I spent 3 weeks in Campinas, SP, Brazil in late January and February 2004. It was so nice to have 3 weeks of summer in the middle of my winter. I visited a friend there, and had a nice time. The people of Brazil are so friendly.
One of my favorite places in Campinas was Taqueral Park. This park had a very pretty lake and a nice walking/jogging trail all around the lake. There were markers every 100 meters giving the distance from the main gate, so this was an ideal place for me to jog and know how far I had gone. This pretty ship was anchored at one end of the lake.
The "Castelo" (Castle) is a monument that is in the middle of one of the many rotaries (round-abouts) in Campinas. You can view a live image of this at http://www.aleph.com.br/webcam/welcome.html. I don't think this is too significant, but I thought it was cool to actually go to this place that I had looked at many times on the Internet from cold snowy Chicago!
- Pros:Nice weather, friendly people, good food
- Cons:Crazy drivers, too far from beach
- In a nutshell:A nice college town in Brazil
The Parque Don Pedro is the largest shopping mall in Latin America. There are many stores, and a huge food court, along... more travel advice
klarson's Related Pages
Campinas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Campinas, São Paulo"
- "Railway Preservation in Campinas"
- "When I was a boy..."
- "CAMPINAS, A SHORT 90 KM FROM SÃO PAULO DISTANCE"
- "The city where I choose to live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campinas
- Hotels in Campinas
- Transportation in Campinas
- Nightlife in Campinas
- Restaurants in Campinas
- Shopping in Campinas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campinas
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Campinas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campinas
Photos in CampinasSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Mazatlán Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Albany Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Atibaia Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iron River Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Campinas Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos