"Burlington Vermont" Top 5 Page for this destination Burlington by RSRaz
Burlington Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 230 photos
Burlington Vermont is the largest city in Vermont (regional pop. about 200,000)
Because of its many colleges and university it is a bit more lively then you might think. Clean air, stunted mountains it is a fine place to visit.
People that live in Burlington are called "flat landers" by other Vermonters because Burlington is on the plains of Lake Champlains. Being lower down has its benifits as we are also considered the "banana belt" of Vermont :) The Green mountains in Vermont are some oldest in the world, part of the Appalachians chain, the erosion of countless ice ages has reduced their height. the highest at 4393 feet is Mt. Mansfield
When I am asked where I live I say "I live in a barn. The cows keep me warm". Well the truth is I do live in a barn but no cows. Not all Vermonters live in a barn. In fact if I were to let you see inside you would see a very comfortable large living space
- Pros:Clean air, Mountains, Sports
- Cons:Long Winters, Pretty small but Montreal is close by
- In a nutshell:For outdoor person
Its the white building. It has some interesting exhibitions. Bring your bicycle helmet for a discount off the entry fee. more travel advice
RSRaz's Related Pages
Burlington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Burlington, Vermont"
- "Welcome to Beautiful Vermont"
- "Burlington, VT"
- "Burlington - The Perfect Little City on the Lake"
- "Burlington Vermont"
- "A Winters Day at the Beach"
- "thoughts on burlington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burlington
- Hotels in Burlington
- Transportation in Burlington
- Nightlife in Burlington
- Restaurants in Burlington
- Shopping in Burlington
- Warnings and Dangers in Burlington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burlington
- 13 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Burlington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burlington
Photos in BurlingtonSee All Photos (41)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burlington Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vermont Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues