"Borovets" Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec by aumha121
Borovec Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 163 photos
Rila mountain is 2700m high, with a well developed network of chair lifts, tow bars and one gondola that takes you to the top. Difficult to medium pists, well maintained, some with snow machines. I was there for NY 2003, only 25cm of snow but still got 7 days of good skiing up top. The village is small and full of pubs, clubs, bars, erstaurants and shops so there's nightlife to be found. Bulgarian version of funky -good fun....met lots of people... Can get everything there, lots of hotels, lodges, ski schools and rentals. wherever you go everyone is trying to sell you something - especially if you speak English (the place was full of Brits). Haggle for everything. Try Bulgarian food. Learn a few words of Bulgarian, may get you a long way. Stay away from Bulgarian brandy.
- Pros:cheap, friendly, great skiing
- Cons:if you speak english -you're game
- In a nutshell:Great cheap skiing with a touch of Balkans culture
fortunately i'm from bosnia and bosnians and bulgarians are sort of neighbours and we understand each other's languages... more travel advice
aumha121's Related Pages
Borovec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Borovets (formerly known as Cham Koria)"
- "Sandy's new Bulgaria Page"
- "Skiing in Borovetz : The Take-Off"
- "A great experience--skiing limited though"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borovec
- Hotels in Borovec
- Transportation in Borovec
- Nightlife in Borovec
- Restaurants in Borovec
- Shopping in Borovec
- Warnings and Dangers in Borovec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Borovec
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Borovec?Share Your Travels