"A sweet small town" Top 5 Page for this destination Mikkeli by Soili
Mikkeli Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 105 photos
Mikkeli is very much part of my childhood. My mother was born near it, so we ended in spending the childhood summers over there.
Mikkeli is situated on the lake Saimaa. A great place, a very beautiful area. I can vividly remember the words my nephew said, travelling by car for the first time to the area:
"Wau, what a scenery!" He was about 5 years old then.
- Pros:You know people, people know you!
- Cons:You know people, people know you....
The old placew within the town is called Kenkävero. It's possible to buy textiles and other items, such as dried herbs... more travel advice
The cafeteria is special because it simply is the heart of the market place. The coffee is good, not to mention the... more travel advice
Soili's Related Pages
Mikkeli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A sweet small town"
- "Nice finnish town to visit in summer"
- "My hometown Mikkeli"
- "The jewel in the crown of Finnish Lakeland"
- "Headquarter town"
- "Not quite what you might expect......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mikkeli
- Hotels in Mikkeli
- Transportation in Mikkeli
- Nightlife in Mikkeli
- Restaurants in Mikkeli
- Shopping in Mikkeli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mikkeli
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mikkeli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mikkeli
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Espoo Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos, 3 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 8 reviews, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mikkeli Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 4 reviews
- Tartu Intro, 3 photos
- Egypt Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- London Intro, 2 reviews
- Lagos Intro, 2 reviews
- Tallinn County Intro, 2 reviews