"VILLAS VILLAS VILLAS!" Stra by agalta
Stra Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 171 photos
in this area between Padua and Venice there are numerous beautiful villas but here you'll find one of the most important: VILLA PISANI a baroque villa+ fab garden made for a powerful family who had it all ... (one became Doge of venice at one point...) ... it is not your typical venitian villa but rather inspired by the Versailles style...
and of course Napoleon (and not only him...) slept there...
nb-these in the pic are just the stables!!
I just found out that Villa Pisani is on the over of the lonely planet guide to Italy!
as of May 2003 most of the back facade and courtyards were covered for restauration... call before you go to make sure... more travel advice
and try to go in the spring... this is the labirynth you see... better bring your GPS make it out alive... more travel advice
agalta's Related Pages
Stra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stra / Veneto & the famous BRENTA - villas"
- "Cruising the Brenta to Stra"
- "Venetian Noble Magnificence."
- "Villa Pisani - Strà"
- "VILLAS VILLAS VILLAS!"
- "Stra, just west of Venice."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stra
- Hotels in Stra
- Transportation in Stra
- Restaurants in Stra
- Warnings and Dangers in Stra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stra
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Stra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stra
Top 10 Pages
- Lofoten Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Iceland Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Verona Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Stra Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Longyearbyen Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Barentsburg Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Sichuan Sheng Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Tromsø Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos