"KÖLN" Cologne by sihi
Cologne Travel Guide: 1,662 reviews and 4,418 photos
Cologne is situated on the Rhine river in the North Rhine-Westphalia federal state in Western Germany.
Cologne was founded by Romans about 2000 years ago. Today it is one of the most original cities in Germany. And also Cologne is known as the top cities of arts in Western Europe.
Page is under construction
Cologne being a city with long history is very modern and fresh. Also walking in the centre of city between its historical sights the spirit of modernity exists. It is truth that Cologne is more "modern" then "old" inspite of its long past. -- Old town was underbuilt and modernised.
In the last decade Cologne has developed from a classical industrial city into the modern service centre. Today Cologne is associated primarily with the media, trade fairs and culture. Today, Cologne is Germany's leading media metropolis with one third of all German TV productions being produced there.
Cologne tower is probably the most popular skyscraper in the city. It is one of the tallest buildings in Germany with... more travel advice
Cologne has very good system of railway transportation.Trains are very OK - new ones or older ones - all are fast and... more travel advice
sihi's Related Pages
Cologne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Cologne"
- "Koelsh, ja wohl"
- "Fabulous city with huge cultural heritage."
- "Roman History, Magnificent Cathedral, and Kölsch"
- "My big neighbour, Cologne (Köln)!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cologne
- Hotels in Cologne
- Transportation in Cologne
- Nightlife in Cologne
- Restaurants in Cologne
- Shopping in Cologne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cologne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cologne
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Cologne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cologne
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 63 reviews, 97 photos
- Johvi Intro, 57 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos
- Ida-Virumaa Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Baranavichy Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Narva Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Chelmno Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Szczecin Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos