"POZNAN - briliant elegant" Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan by sihi
Poznan Travel Guide: 343 reviews and 921 photos
Poznan is the large city in Western Poland, that is situated on Warta River on the way between Berlin and Warsaw.
Poznan is famous as trade city. In Middle Ages it played important role in trading. Thanks reach history today Poznan became popular city of fairs in Europe.
The city was founded in 8 century, when duke Meszko I built castle here.
Mieszko I's son, Boleslaus the Brave, was crowned king in 1025 and the Kingdom of Poland was formed. Poznan became capital of Poland. - One of the first capitals of the state (Gniezno was the first capital of Poland).
In 1253 Poznan got city rights. At this time town had fortifications and defence walls. The XV, XVI centuries were the time of city's fast development - it was also time of Renaissance in Poznan - "Golden time". Many new churches and city buildings were built.
In 1519 the second university in Poland was established.
Poznan is called also as economical capital of Poland.
World's best shoping centre in 2005 is situated in Poznan and name of it is Stary Browar. And it is not a wonder - why just in Poznan.
Poznan has good possibilities for shopping.
- Pros:Wonderful, beautiful, old & modern, good for active rest
Sroda Wlkp. is a town not far , about 30 km from Poznan that is worth a visit. Town has about 20000 inhabitans. It has... more travel advice
Poznan locates on new highway that runs from Warsaw to Berlin. Road with very good conditions. more travel advice
sihi's Related Pages
Poznan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "POZNAN - briliant elegant"
- "Poznan - Poland's trade fair city"
- "Poznan, founded in 968."
- "Stary Rynek, Poznan"
- "POZNAN THE PLACE OF MY BIRTH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poznan
- Hotels in Poznan
- Transportation in Poznan
- Nightlife in Poznan
- Restaurants in Poznan
- Shopping in Poznan
- Warnings and Dangers in Poznan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poznan
- 63 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 31 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Poznan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poznan
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: Getting from Krakow to Prague"
- Commented on one of ut_eagle's Poznan travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sroda Wielkopolska town"
- Wrote a Review Sroda Wielkopolska town in Poznan Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Video to Poznan
- updated a Poznan Travel Page "POZNAN - briliant elegant"
Photos in PoznanSee All Photos (97)
Videos in PoznanSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 63 reviews, 97 photos
- Johvi Intro, 57 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos
- Ida-Virumaa Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Baranavichy Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Narva Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Chelmno Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Szczecin Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos