"Cesis" Top 5 Page for this destination Cesis by sihi
Cesis Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 163 photos
Cesis is a town in northern part of Latvia. Population is about 18 000.
Town was created in 1206. In 1209 Livonian order began building of castle. In 1577, during the Livonian War, the castle was destroyed the castle to prevent it from falling into the control of Russian czar Ivan the Terrible. In 1598 town became a part of Polish Rzeczpospolita a capital of Wenden voivodeship. Year 1620 Cesis became a Swedish territory.
Old town of Cesis is one of nicest and the most interesting old towns in Baltic states. Cesis is a medieval town and... more travel advice
sihi's Related Pages
Cesis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The start point of christianic Latvia"
- "Cesis – historical town"
- "Wet wet wet Cesis"
- "Cesis - medieval atmosphere Latvian town"
- "Cesis - wonderful town in Latvia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cesis
- Hotels in Cesis
- Transportation in Cesis
- Nightlife in Cesis
- Restaurants in Cesis
- Shopping in Cesis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cesis
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Cesis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesis
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 63 reviews, 97 photos
- Johvi Intro, 57 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos
- Ida-Virumaa Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Baranavichy Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Narva Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Chelmno Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Szczecin Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos