"IISAKU" Iisaku by sihi
Iisaku Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Iisaku is a small town/or big village in Southern part of Ida-Virumaa county (North-East of Estonia).
Iisaku locates on Jõhvi-Tartu motorway, in 30 km from Jõhvi and about 20 km from lake Peipsi beaches.
Village is nice and quiet. It has tourist attractions that show beautiful nature of region and life outside capital city.
Before 11 century less people lived in Iisaku territory and surroundings. In 11-12 century Vadja folks came here from east. Near Iisaku in Jõuga village the largest burial place of Vadjas was situated.
Name Iisaku was mentioned for the fist time in 1426 and small village of Tärivere (Iisaku parish) was mentioned in 1330.
Iisaku church parish was created in year 1640.
Iisaku is a place where is possible to try real village bread. There is a bakery (Dello pagariäri) where bread is... more travel advice
sihi's Related Pages
Iisaku Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iisaku
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Iisaku?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iisaku
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 63 reviews, 97 photos
- Johvi Intro, 54 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos
- Ida-Virumaa Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Baranavichy Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Narva Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Chelmno Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Szczecin Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos