"KUREMÄE" Kuremae by sihi
Kuremae Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Kuremäe is a village in central part of Ida-Virumaa county, in about 20 km to the south from town of Jõhvi - between Johvi and bank of lake Peipsi.
Kuremae is one of Estonian top tourist destinations - just becouse of location of Puhtitsa nunnery/convent complex in the village.
Village is surrounded by forests and fields.
Puhtitsa is a former name of place of nunnery location. Name Puhtitsa comes from the word Puhtitsetud - blessed.
Small Orthodox Christian church was built in Puhtitsa in 16 century.
The convent was established in 19 century.
Today Kuremae/Puhtitsa convent belongs to Moscow Orthodox church.
The convent is surrounded with a thick granite wall, a rectangular entrance gate belfry with seven bells, the largest... more travel advice
sihi's Related Pages
Kuremae Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuremae
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kuremae?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuremae
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 63 reviews, 97 photos
- Johvi Intro, 54 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos
- Ida-Virumaa Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Baranavichy Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Narva Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Chelmno Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Szczecin Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos