"NARVA - border city of EU" Narva by sihi

Narva Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 33 photos

Narva is the town in North-Eastern part of Estonia in Ida-Virumaa county. (210 km from Tallinn, 50 km from Johvi and 150 km from St. Petersburg)

Narva is the most eastern city of Estonia and it is fourth largest town in the country.
Much of population of the town speaks in Russian. It is very difficult to find & hear Estonian language there.

Narva is known as border city with Russia.

At the time of World War II Narva was destroyed. At Soviet period Narva developed as industrial city. Also today Narva is more city of industry then tourist city. Although it is worth a visit, becouse there are some interesting sites.
Narva castle is one of the TOP strongholds in Estonia.

• Pros:Castle, bastions, river
  • Cons:ugly block houses
  • Last visit to Narva: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2006

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Once more it was nice to see this page ;) Hopefully I will visit this town :)

• sihi's Profile Photo
      Jan 10, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Thanks for comments!! Do you have real plans to visit Narva?

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hi Jevgeni
    Lovely page! My husband is particularly keen to visit Narva - now all we need to do to make this an ambition a reality is to plot a return visit to Estonia!
    Regards
    Cathy

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Fabulous page about Narva, which has always been on my must visit list for Estonia. Unfortunately, I never made it there. Interesting to see that they still have a Lenin Statue there.

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Nice page! In Estonia also I want to visit Parnu, Saarema and Narva :) I wonder if Estonian and Russian castle staff attacjed each other? Ir it was just for protection? :)

• wroclawiak's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Nice winter pictures of Narva. I missed Narva during my visit to Estonia in 2001. Maybe I will be travelling in this part of Europe one day. I am sure I will visit Narva. The castel is marvellous. Greetings.

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 5:36 AM

Hi! Narva is in my future travel list. I'll get the driver licence and will go there by car. :-)

• Jan 20, 2007 at 1:51 AM

That is one huge church for 3000 people! The tower overshadowing the historic buildings on Peetri square looks quite confusing.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2006 at 2:50 PM

I'm hoping to go to Estonia before toolong and your intro photo makes me want to go right now. Beautiful ! Katherine:)

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 3:13 AM

Great info abour this "paradoxal city".;) Hope to see more pages about Estonia soon.:)

• khyatt's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2006 at 7:27 PM

Thanks for the tip on travel from Peter to Narva. This page of pics is great. I am supposed to come up with some things I want to see there and now I know what to ask for! Beautiful.

sihi

“..:love never dies::.. .”

Badges & Stats in Narva