"NARVA - border city of EU" Narva by sihi
Narva Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 33 photos
Narva is the town in North-Eastern part of Estonia in Ida-Virumaa county. (210 km from Tallinn, 50 km from Johvi and 150 km from St. Petersburg)
Narva is the most eastern city of Estonia and it is fourth largest town in the country.
Much of population of the town speaks in Russian. It is very difficult to find & hear Estonian language there.
Narva is known as border city with Russia.
At the time of World War II Narva was destroyed. At Soviet period Narva developed as industrial city. Also today Narva is more city of industry then tourist city. Although it is worth a visit, becouse there are some interesting sites.
Narva castle is one of the TOP strongholds in Estonia.
- Pros:Castle, bastions, river
- Cons:ugly block houses
Vana Mölder tavern restaurant near the centre of city. Interesting thing about this restaurant is that it is very Soviet... more travel advice
sihi's Related Pages
Narva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NARVA - border city of EU"
- "Historical town of Narva"
- "Right next to Russia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Narva
- 18 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Narva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narva
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan Intro, 63 reviews, 97 photos
- Johvi Intro, 57 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torun Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos
- Ida-Virumaa Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Baranavichy Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Narva Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Chelmno Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Szczecin Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos