"An international crossroads" Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva by Lilasel

Geneva Travel Guide: 1,035 reviews and 2,315 photos

Geneva is a pleasant place to live and to visit. Situated at the tip of the largest Alpine lake, nestled between Jura Mountains and the Alpes... the Old Town with its 2000 years of history, picturesque quays, flowering gardens...

At the beginning of august Geneva echoes with the sounds of its famous musical fireworks during the traditional "Fête de Genève", which attract thousands of spectators from all over the world.

Geneva today has about 400 000 inhabitants. Its international role is assured by the one third of its population that comes from 157 different nations.
In 1863, it became the birthplace of the Red Cross. In 1919, U.S. President W.Wilson decided to install the headquarters of the League of Nations in Geneva.

• In a nutshell:Cosmopolitain Geneva
  • Intro Updated May 25, 2006

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I love Switzerland, Elena. But I haven't spent a lot of time in or near Geneva. I should do so I think. You have a very nice page here. Greetings from Florida.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2007 at 5:27 AM

Nice Geneva photo. I lived there for 7 years.I agree - it is indeed a pleasant city. I go here for 2 weeks at the end of the year. Greetings.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 7:04 AM

Belle page!

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 1:44 AM

Hello Elena. Thank you for sharing your great tips & photos! I have many friends & colleagues from Geneva, so I hope to visit one day! Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• crewrower's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2006 at 11:43 PM

The Brunswick monument looks really nice!

• broadoak2006's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 8:16 AM

Enjoyed very much your photos of geneva-it is one of my favourite cities in the world. Merry Christmas, Martin M

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2005 at 3:04 PM

Fine travelogues, especially. No wonder you "visit here frequently".

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 2:50 PM

Very good tips! I am collecting tips for Geneva and take several of yours. Thanks for sharing.

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 6:22 AM

Fotografija s serdcem prosto obaldennaja! Pustj tvojo serde4ko budet takim zhe spokojnim i radostnim. Privet iz Rigi!

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2005 at 9:35 AM

amour des voyages....quand tu nous tiens!...de santorin a la savoie via le lac de geneve!...d'un paradis a un autre!

Lilasel

“I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived...”

Badges & Stats in Geneva