"An international crossroads" Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva by Lilasel
Geneva Travel Guide: 1,033 reviews and 2,304 photos
Geneva is a pleasant place to live and to visit. Situated at the tip of the largest Alpine lake, nestled between Jura Mountains and the Alpes... the Old Town with its 2000 years of history, picturesque quays, flowering gardens...
At the beginning of august Geneva echoes with the sounds of its famous musical fireworks during the traditional "Fête de Genève", which attract thousands of spectators from all over the world.
Geneva today has about 400 000 inhabitants. Its international role is assured by the one third of its population that comes from 157 different nations.
In 1863, it became the birthplace of the Red Cross. In 1919, U.S. President W.Wilson decided to install the headquarters of the League of Nations in Geneva.
- In a nutshell:Cosmopolitain Geneva
Bowling International de Genève situated in La Praille comercial centre not far from Genève centre has the biggest... more travel advice
Lilasel's Related Pages
Geneva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Le songe d'une nuit d'été"
- "Geneva by Trip@ck"
- "diplomats, scientists and watch makers!"
- "An international crossroads"
- "Home of the America's Cup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Transportation in Geneva
- Nightlife in Geneva
- Restaurants in Geneva
- Shopping in Geneva
- Warnings and Dangers in Geneva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geneva
- 27 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geneva
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 165 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 83 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 24 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 27 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Megève Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yvoire Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue