"Athina mou..." Top 5 Page for this destination Athens by Lilasel

Athens Travel Guide: 4,297 reviews and 10,166 photos

And it was so hard to believe I make my first steps in Athens...a city which has been generating culture for over 3 thousand years, the city of Socrates and Plato, the city of the Modern Olympic Games...

Much has changed since then. Having visited Athens 5 times for last 3 years, I cannot see the same city anymore. I know all its merits and demerits much better and I love everything about Athens, even with its noise, rush, pollution, crazy drivers :-) and the unbelievable crowd on saturday night in Psyri...

It's my Athens!

Olympic summer 2004

I had a great chance to be a part of the world event that took place in Athens!

From the 13th to the 29th of August the city of Athens hosted the Games of the 28th Olympiad that are returning to their ancient birthplace after 108 years!
And from the 17th to the 28th of September about 4000 paralympic athletes had a competition in the 12 Paralympic Games!

You can find the memories from my Olympic summer in Sports Travel tips. (By the way, most of the pictures from Olympics were taken by AndyRG, I have "lost" my camera...)

• Last visit to Athens: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 12, 2005

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Must add this to my travel guide for the next time I go. We had only 9 hours in Athens and had no time to buy anything....

• rcsparty's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 5:23 AM

My wife and I loved Athens, especially Lycavettas Hill. Good tips and Happy birthday

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Hi! Nice tips here! But... do u really think Athens is a walkable city?!! I dont have a car and I know how (we, the pedestrians) feel every day :( cheers, konstantinos

• RinaNeo's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 9:05 AM

great tips and pics of greece, cant wait for my trip in April.. hope to catch up with fellow VTs... cheers Rina

• aterola's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 4:48 AM

Paldies for usefull and interesting information about Athens.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 8:30 PM

Hello Elena. Very nice tips & lovely photos here! I very much enjoyed your tips & my ratings are with you. Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• lina112's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 3:29 PM

Just reading your tips i feel that I´m in Athens again!!!

• May 10, 2006 at 2:07 PM

nice pages...very nices pages and very good tips. i think that your Greek friends show very good places in Athens. i m suprised of your greek pages!

• Feb 3, 2006 at 9:49 PM

Stray animals are not the problem in Athens. People are. Their attitude towards them is beyond disgusting. I am glad you mentioned this. And I am appalled that anyone would even consider spending money on a place so thoroughly undeserving of praise.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 6:48 AM

Quelle superbe page perí tis Athínas!

Lilasel Visits Here Frequently!

Lilasel

“I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived...”

Badges & Stats in Athens