"Soaring Rocks..." Meteora by Lilasel
Meteora Travel Guide: 383 reviews and 965 photos
One of the most amazing places in Greece, if not the world is Meteora ("soaring rocks" in greek).
In the shadow of the mountains and just beyond the town of Kalampaka, massive gray colored pinnacles rise towards the sky. It is a strange but breathtaking landscape that has been sculpted by wind and water over thousands of years.
Meteora is inscribed on the World Heritage List of UNESCO in 1988.
I guess it's the hidden dream of almost every person in the world - to feel like a bird... even for one minute...
When you approach the rocks you feel the fear mixed with silent admiration. Finding yourself on the top you forget the fear and the admiration isn't silent anymore. How many words of delight you know? They aren't enough...
Oh God! You try to hold out yourself from crazy wish - to fly... :-)
Venetikos river is the biggest tributary of legendary Aliakmonas river. The river is not far away from Meteora and... more travel advice
The Meteora region has been featured in many films including the James Bond "You only live twice" with Roger Moore. more travel advice
Lilasel's Related Pages
Meteora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Meteora & Kalambaka"
- "A Place Devoted to God"
- "...beyond Kalambaka (over Kastraki) - Meteoraki:)"
- "Heavenly breaths of nature"
- "''Suspended in the air''."
- "This is the place YOU HAVE TO SEE! "
- "Soaring Rocks..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Meteora
- Hotels in Meteora
- Transportation in Meteora
- Nightlife in Meteora
- Restaurants in Meteora
- Shopping in Meteora
- Warnings and Dangers in Meteora
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Meteora
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Meteora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meteora
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 165 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 83 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 24 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 27 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Megève Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yvoire Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (130)
Latest Meteora hotel reviews
- Koka Roka
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2011