"The last frontier - ALASKA!!!" Alaska by Lilasel
Alaska Travel Guide: 6,662 reviews and 14,000 photos
Alaska, Alaska – home of the midnight sun.
I have come to learn and have some fun.
Alaska, Alaska – there’s so much land;
Things are so beautiful, life is so grand.
I’ve climbed on glaciers, I’ve seen some bears,
I’ve left my worries, I have no cares,
Except for the cares of life and health;
Alaska, Alaska – has its own special wealth.
The wealth of the eagle, the moon and the sky;
You have to see it with your own gazing eye.
Alaska, Alaska – home of the free;
There’s so much here, so much to see.
The Dall sheep, the caribou, the griz, the moose;
Here in Alaska, a man can cut loose.
Cut loose from the impurities of the modern city;
Here in Alaska, things are so pretty.
Alaska, Alaska – I love it already;
Insecurities are gone, I feel so steady.
This is a place everyone should go
To learn the things everyone should know.
Things like wildness, beauty and strength,
Where summer sun is forever – 24 hours in length.
Alaska, Alaska – I think I’ll call home
Where I’ll have a life to roam and roam.
Roam through the mountains down to the sea,
Alaska, Alaska – home of the Free!
By Jimmy Tohill.
- Pros:If you think Alaska is covered by snow all year, it's a chance to see another Alaska!
- Cons:Often start snowing at the end of August. You need warm clothes and your travel will be excellent:)
- In a nutshell:World's last, great unspoiled wilderness!
Denali National Park and Preserve is one of the most indescribable places in Alaska as well the most visited. The... more travel advice
Anchorage is Alaska's largest city and is home to almost half of the state's residents. Sometimes called "Air Crossroads... more travel advice
Lilasel's Related Pages
Alaska Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Land of the Midnight Sun"
- "Alaska--my home for now (again)"
- "Alaska, up north and far away"
- "Train Ride Through Alaska's Interior"
- "The Last Great Frontier"
- "Alaska, land of beauty"
- "Alaska, America's Crown Jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alaska
- Hotels in Alaska
- Transportation in Alaska
- Nightlife in Alaska
- Restaurants in Alaska
- Shopping in Alaska
- Warnings and Dangers in Alaska
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alaska
- 22 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Alaska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alaska
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 165 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 83 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 24 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 27 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Megève Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yvoire Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (130)
Top Alaska hotels
- Anchorage Hotels
- 818 Reviews - 1480 Photos
- Seward Hotels
- 201 Reviews - 484 Photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Hotels
- 321 Reviews - 596 Photos
- Fairbanks Hotels
- 315 Reviews - 496 Photos
- Barrow Hotels
- 93 Reviews - 142 Photos
- Juneau Hotels
- 357 Reviews - 869 Photos
- Dutch Harbor Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 118 Photos
- Sitka Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 278 Photos
- Ketchikan Hotels
- 221 Reviews - 533 Photos
- Kenai Hotels
- 103 Reviews - 240 Photos
- Homer Hotels
- 148 Reviews - 367 Photos
- Kodiak Hotels
- 256 Reviews - 446 Photos
- Valdez Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 182 Photos
- Skagway Hotels
- 158 Reviews - 459 Photos
- Tetlin Junction Hotels
- See nearby hotels