"AUXERRE" Top 5 Page for this destination Auxerre by Lilasel
Auxerre Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 260 photos
Auxerre was an important spiritual centre, a big market place for timber and wine, a town of songs and poetry. Today it is an active industrial and agricultural centre.
By the way, get used to the pronunciation of the name - Ausserre. In Burgundy the X, so vulgar, does not exist.
There are many different and rather funny statues in the centre. The statue of an old lady will surprise you (look the... more travel advice
One more fact: In 1429 Jeanne d'Arc came in Auxerre and was stoped next to the Cathedral. more travel advice
Lilasel's Related Pages
Auxerre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a surprise! So many beautiful old buildings!"
- "Still More Gothic Churches"
- "Le Grand Week-End"
- "New start on the Compostella way (4th year)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auxerre
- Hotels in Auxerre
- Transportation in Auxerre
- Restaurants in Auxerre
- Shopping in Auxerre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auxerre
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Auxerre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auxerre
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 165 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 83 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 24 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 27 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Megève Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yvoire Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue