"My second home..." Avallon by Lilasel

Avallon Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 45 photos

Avallon is one of the "gates" of Burgundy, marvellously situated on a rocky spur dominating the Cousin Valley which, with its castles and winmills, is a truly privileged place.
Two hours away from either Paris or Lyon, in the heart of an especially lovely part of Burgundy...

Avallon is the fortunate possesser of an unusually rich historic and architectural inheritance. Fortifications, watch towers, turreted remparts, the medieval belfry, ancient dwelling houses, the great collegiale church of St.Lazare are amongst present witnesses of an important, long-esteblished past.

I simply love this town... Sometimes it reminds me Old Town of my lovable Riga! After more than one year spending in Avallon I know all the streets and footpaths here...

• Pros:P-I-C-T-U-R-E-S-Q-U-E
  • In a nutshell:The heart of Burgundy - the heart of Lilasel...
  • Last visit to Avallon: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 6, 2005

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 6:36 AM

Very nice photos and useful infos. I like this page a lot. Greetings from Warsaw.

• Maillekeukeul's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2005 at 2:17 PM

I didn't know such sunsets do exist in France...

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 2:06 AM

Beautiful pics and nice tips!

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2005 at 6:04 AM

Hi Elena, This is another beautiful page you have created for this region which you obviously love. I am more and more convinced this is the right region for us to visit. Thx again...Tom

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 5:33 AM

what a place ! great presentation - thanks so much for your birthday wishes - T-

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 12:33 AM

Really pretty place for living. :-)

• Janni67's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2003 at 1:50 PM

Looks promising :)

• Gwynethart's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2003 at 7:21 PM

Hi Elena, how lucky you are. I hope to live in France one day, hopefully not too far in the future. I love your photos! -Gwyneth

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2003 at 6:03 AM

Next time, I'm in Burgundy, I must visit this lovely town.

• cissou7's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2003 at 2:54 AM

Bonjour d'une copatriote! Ah la Bourgogne!!! Il faut vraiment que je vienne découvrir cette belle région. Ca serait sympa de mettre encore deux trois photos pour me faire encore plus envie! Arva bin comme on dit chez nous!

Lilasel Used To Live Here!

Lilasel

“I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived...”

Badges & Stats in Avallon

Have you been to Avallon?

Latest Activity in Avallon