"My second home..." Avallon by Lilasel
Avallon Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 45 photos
Avallon is one of the "gates" of Burgundy, marvellously situated on a rocky spur dominating the Cousin Valley which, with its castles and winmills, is a truly privileged place.
Two hours away from either Paris or Lyon, in the heart of an especially lovely part of Burgundy...
Avallon is the fortunate possesser of an unusually rich historic and architectural inheritance. Fortifications, watch towers, turreted remparts, the medieval belfry, ancient dwelling houses, the great collegiale church of St.Lazare are amongst present witnesses of an important, long-esteblished past.
I simply love this town... Sometimes it reminds me Old Town of my lovable Riga! After more than one year spending in Avallon I know all the streets and footpaths here...
- In a nutshell:The heart of Burgundy - the heart of Lilasel...
The Belltower built on the site of the old castle-gate in 1456. The Belltower from where the view extends for miles, was... more travel advice
One of the gates to huge Morvan National Park! Island is a little village 6 km from Avallon where I spent much time. The... more travel advice
Written May 23, 2008
Living in the heart of Burgundy
Written Apr 3, 2005
Lilasel's Related Pages
Avallon Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Avallon
- 12 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Avallon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avallon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 165 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 83 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 24 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 27 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Megève Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yvoire Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue