"DIJON - the capital of the Dukes of Burgundy" Top 5 Page for this destination Dijon by Lilasel
Dijon Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 445 photos
Dijon is nowadays a modern capital of Burgundy with more than two hundred thousand inhabitants.
The heir to an exceptional architectural heritage, Dijon accounts for 97 ha of nationally classed monuments. Glazed rooftops, private mansions of the 17th and 18th centuries, the Saint Benign Cathedral, the Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy... The Estate of Rameau and Bossuet, rented by Voltaire, and in which Gustave Eiffel was born, was classed first in France for urban tourism.
Not every city can be so lucky as to be situated Oceanside. Some can’t even say they have a lake. This used to be... more travel advice
A very pleasant garden featuring the polar bear, a work from the famous animal sculptor, Francois Pompon more travel advice
Lilasel's Related Pages
Dijon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Splendors of a Medieval and Renaissance Power"
- "THE SPLENDOURS OF THE DUKES OF BURGUNDY."
- "DIJON - the capital of the Dukes of Burgundy"
- "Capital of Burgundy"
- "Dijon - more than mustard"
- "DIJON AND BURGUNDY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dijon
- Hotels in Dijon
- Transportation in Dijon
- Nightlife in Dijon
- Restaurants in Dijon
- Shopping in Dijon
- Warnings and Dangers in Dijon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dijon
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Dijon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dijon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 165 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Intro, 83 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latvia Intro, 24 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 27 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Megève Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yvoire Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue