"Greece... as lovely as it seems!" Top 5 Page for this destination Greece by Lilasel

Greece Travel Guide: 27,621 reviews and 78,568 photos

My ideas about Greece were in blue and white with some shadows of yellow. But Greece is much more than only sea, resorts, sun, temples... Discover real treasures of Greece - antique ruins and Byzantian fortresses, orthodox churches and mosques, stony landscapes and coniferous woods, orange and palm groves, the beauty of the hundreds caves, mountains, rocks, rivers, hidden beaches, sunsets, small unknown islands, ancient wild villages, customs and.........wonderful and hospitable inhabitants!

Bravo HELLAS!!!

I had a great chance to be a part of the world event that took place in Athens!

From the 13th to the 29th of August the city of Athens hosted the Games of the 28th Olympiad that are returning to their ancient birthplace after 108 years!
And from the 17th to the 28th of September about 4000 paralympic athletes had a competition in the 12 Paralympic Games!

You can find the memories from my Olympic summer in Sports Travel tips on my ATHENS page!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Greece is my third home after Latvia and France, the country I know rather good, where I have lots of great friends, where I have spent so much time working and travelling, the country where I have found sweet feelings for one greek hero who teached me so many things in this life, my greek hero whom I have lost one day...and my adorable Hellas made me an other present - I have met the love of my life - my Xavier... Efxaristo Ellada mou!

My pages about Greece are:

• Last visit to Greece: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 29, 2006

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Wow, Very nice Greece page, i have a plan to visit Greece in May , your page help me so much. Thanks

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Hey, Solid pages on Greece!! Very well written too :) Thanks for sharing the recipes ;) Darshan

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 7:14 PM

♫•:*¨`*:•Xronia sou polla ♫♫XRONIA SOU POLLA•:*¨`*:•♫Kai na t'ekatostiseisღ♫♫Elena mou♫♫ღ

• violeta13's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2007 at 5:24 AM

Great pages!!! Greece is my love also :)

• May 10, 2006 at 7:05 AM

"Warm" pages, so much love for my country... i ll do my best to find the apartment for you.

• lua2's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 10:27 AM

What a great pages Elena!!! Simply amazing!!! How do I miss Greece!!! Regards from Barcelona. Ana

• upesnlwc's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2006 at 8:25 AM

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing all of the wonderful information!

• Jan 30, 2006 at 5:41 PM

¡¡¡ hola elena !!! great page ! excellente page , merci pour les belles photos ,gracias!

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2006 at 1:57 AM

"I dreamed of Greece but this country has never been the number 1 in my dream list. But as it always happens spontaneous trips are the best ones...." I hope to say your words after one week 'jump' ending on 25th Jan.

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2006 at 9:50 AM

Absolutely amazing pages :-)

Lilasel Used To Live Here!

Lilasel

“I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived...”

Badges & Stats in Greece