"Vianden, Luxembourg" Vianden by NateWill22
Vianden Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 280 photos
<B> When I was visiting some friends in Germany, we decided we wanted to go somewhere new and interesting. So, we decided Luxembourg would be interesting. After reading through the guide books, Vianden seemed like a great place to see. After a short 90 minute drive on nice country roads, we finally made it to Vianden, and were amazed to see the huge castle up on the hill. We followed the signs through the quaint little town to the 'Chateau'. We found an empty parking lot at the top of the hill, and turned around and were rewarded with a magnificant view of the castle. This place is truly a sight to see. We then explored the castle ate crêpes in the ancient town. Any visit to Luxembourg would be incomplete with seeing this great little village and it's chateau!
- Pros:Stunning views, quaint town, good food, not too busy!
- Cons:Difficult to navigate to.
For just a few Euros, you can have free reign inside the castle! It's just as cool inside as out. Buy a guidebook and... more travel advice
This town is one of those quaint European towns with cobbled streets and small, colorful houses and shops lining them.... more travel advice
NateWill22's Related Pages
Vianden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Vianden"
- "weekend in Vianden"
- "Enjoy Vianden, tourist spot for over 100 years"
- "A Town, A Castle, A River -- Essentially Europe!"
- "A town with a castle"
- "Touristic Vianden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vianden
- Hotels in Vianden
- Transportation in Vianden
- Nightlife in Vianden
- Restaurants in Vianden
- Shopping in Vianden
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vianden
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Vianden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vianden
Top 10 Pages
- Zermatt Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Interlaken Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duluth Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lucerne Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grindelwald Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Ulm Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Sweden Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maine Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Vianden Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Hampshire Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos