"Kotor and Kotor Bay" Kotor by blanter
Kotor Travel Guide: 551 reviews and 1,279 photos
Kotor is one of the Mediterranean towns-fortresses, like, for instance, Dubrovnik, Split, or Trogir. What makes it particular is, first, the fortress ruins on a mountain above the old town (you can walk up in about 20 minutes, and you have an excellent view); the Kotor Bay, which is usually described as the only Mediterranean fiord (with other attractions, like Perast), and the fact thattt it is clearly not a museum town - it is really a town where people live. This makes it sometimes dirty, but at least you never have an impression you are cheated. If you are at the Adriatic coast , you should certainly go there.
- Pros:A beautiful city in the great landscape
- In a nutshell:A mixture of Venice, Carcassonne, and 1942 Stalingrad.
Generally, finding a parking lot, as everywhere in Balkans, is a problem. If you are not too late, there is a parking... more travel advice
blanter's Related Pages
Kotor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kotor and Europe's Deepest Fjord"
- "K O T O R"
- "Kotor Rebuilt"
- "The jewel of Montenegro"
- "WELCOME TO KOTOR!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kotor
- Hotels in Kotor
- Transportation in Kotor
- Nightlife in Kotor
- Restaurants in Kotor
- Shopping in Kotor
- Warnings and Dangers in Kotor
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kotor
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kotor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kotor
Photos in KotorSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Winterset Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Rostov Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Hanoi 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Koz'modem'yansk Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Hue Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Wadi Rum Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bethlehem Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kopor'ye Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues