"Rostov" Rostov by blanter
Rostov Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 102 photos
Rostiv is one of the oldest Russian cities, mentioned first in 862. Nothing is left from 9th century, and Rostov is now famous for its Archbishop's Court (usually known as Kremlin), built in the end of 17th century by Metropolitan Jonas - and several churches and monasteries from the same time. The fact that all these buildings originate from roughly the same time (and are built in roughly the same style), and a nice location on the bank of big Lake Nero make Rostov one of the most popular tourist destinations. It is one of the Golden Ring cities and is frequently visited by tourists. If you want to do it independently, it is 3-4 hours from Moscow by train, bus, or car.
More info on Rostov on my external page (currently only in Russian).
Virgin Nativity Church was also built in 17th century and is currently enclosed by the female Virgin Nativity monastery... more travel advice
St. Gregory Church (1670) is consecrated to St. Gregory the Theologian. Currently is not accessible. more travel advice
blanter's Related Pages
Rostov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rostov Welikiy"
- "ROSTOV THE GREAT (Rostov Velikiy)"
- "Aroud a Famous Kremlin"
- "Rostov Velikyi"
- "My Rostov Page"
- "Rostov - Yaroslavski / Veliki"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rostov
- Hotels in Rostov
- Transportation in Rostov
- Nightlife in Rostov
- Restaurants in Rostov
- Shopping in Rostov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rostov
- 12 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Rostov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rostov
Photos in RostovSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Winterset Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos
- Rostov Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Hanoi 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Koz'modem'yansk Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Hue Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Wadi Rum Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bethlehem Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kopor'ye Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues