"LEBANON heritage" sirine's Profile

I am proud of my heritage

I went one day to the surrounding villages of Byblos,my town, to take pictures and to explore it for a university project.I was really astonished!!!i think that we,Lebanese ,underestimate the beauty of our country

Lebanon History and Archeology

Mashnaqa, located about 1hour from Beirut, heading north towards Byblos,this monument is an Adonis temple.It overlooks Adonis Valley.

The legend

Here in Afqa grotto,Adonis and Astarte (or Venus) legend was born.They say that when the God Adonis washunting ,a boar attacked him.Venus his lover tried to save him but it was too late.That's why each year in spring the Valley od Adonis become red, the color of his blood.

Totally relaxing

This day was really a change for me,away from the city,into the nature.It was in October,when villages were empty, because only few people live there in the winter.Sometimes i think that natural scenery will not last forever!It will be destroyed!

Nahr Ibrahim or Adonis Valley

We can only see this river in the spring,after the snow melts.Afqa grotto is the sacred source of this river.

On Afqa grotto bridge

It is me hanging out on the bridge and still ,I didn't cross it to the other side!

• Intro Updated May 22, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
sirine's Profile Photo

sirine

“Love life,love travel, only love matters!”

Ranked Member