"LEBANON heritage" sirine's Profile
I went one day to the surrounding villages of Byblos,my town, to take pictures and to explore it for a university project.I was really astonished!!!i think that we,Lebanese ,underestimate the beauty of our country
Mashnaqa, located about 1hour from Beirut, heading north towards Byblos,this monument is an Adonis temple.It overlooks Adonis Valley.
Here in Afqa grotto,Adonis and Astarte (or Venus) legend was born.They say that when the God Adonis washunting ,a boar attacked him.Venus his lover tried to save him but it was too late.That's why each year in spring the Valley od Adonis become red, the color of his blood.
This day was really a change for me,away from the city,into the nature.It was in October,when villages were empty, because only few people live there in the winter.Sometimes i think that natural scenery will not last forever!It will be destroyed!
We can only see this river in the spring,after the snow melts.Afqa grotto is the sacred source of this river.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- sirine and kingip are now friends.
- Commented on sirine's profile page
- created a Chongqing Shi Travel Page "Chonqqing!!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chonqqing!!"
- Wrote a Review Doha from the Top in Qatar Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: Cheapest way to KL from UK"
updated their Profile Page "LEBANON heritage"
- Montreal 1 review, 1 photo
- Qatar 1 review, 1 photo
- Kuala Lumpur 1 review
- Chongqing Shi Intro, 1 photo