Guadalupe Mountains National Park Off The Beaten Path Tips by mrclay2000 Top 5 Page for this destination
Guadalupe Mountains National Park Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 12 photos
Apache Trading Post, near Carlsbad NM
With the town of Carlsbad NM roughly six miles away to the north, and the Guadalupe Mountains fifty miles away to the south in Texas, there is little in between. No place really to fill your tank or get a bite to eat within dozens of miles of Guadalupe Park. Get out and visit the emporia whenever you can. This little shopping oasis is one of the few aboveground emporia within the vicinity of the caverns.
typical Carlsbad formations
About 50 miles north of Guadalupe Mountains National Park are the famous Carlsbad Caverns. Admission for adults is under $10. Though the surrounding area is flat and scrubby, covered with chaparrals and desert bush, the underground is rich in mineral formations. The elevator descends 750 feet into the caverns where self-guided walks take you into an underground chamber whose volume equals fourteen Astrodomes. In the right season, visitors can watch the flight of Mexican free-tail bats from the amphitheater at the mouth of the caverns.
More Reviews (13)
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Guadalupe Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Guadalupe Mountains National Park Page"
- "The Park with a Past"
- "Guadalupe Mountains National Park: Two Itineraries"
- "Guadalupe Mountain National Park by Kimberlyann"
- "Desert Beauty"
- "Ocean Reefs in the Sky"
- "Sharrie's Guadalupe Mountains N. P."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Umhlanga Rocks Hotels
- Mavelikara Hotels
- Kuwait Hotels
- Nadur Hotels
- Palm Springs
- Kentucky Off The Beaten Path
- Michigan Off The Beaten Path
- Hong Kong Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Off The Strip
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Charlotte Off The Beaten Path
- State of Gujarat Off The Beaten Path
- Palm Springs Off The Beaten Path
- Rangoon Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Guadalupe Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Commented on one of Shihar's Guadalupe Mountains National Park travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: We Can No Longer Tolerate..."
- Wrote a Review A Place to Shake the Dust Off Your Shoes in Guadalupe Mountains National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Inside the Lodge"
- updated a Guadalupe Mountains National Park Travel Page "The Park with a Past"
Photos in Guadalupe Mountains National ParkSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
Latest Guadalupe Mountains National Park hotel reviews
- Pine Springs Campground
- 2 Reviews & Opinions