"Grew Up On The Railroad" Gainesville by mrclay2000
Gainesville Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 41 photos
Gainesville grew up in 1850 due to the passage of an important railroad, but today the railroad is little used or ignored. Gainesville remains a decent model of towns in rural Texas, lying 50 miles north of Dallas and 25 miles north of Denton.
South of the town square lies Gainesville's most prominent historic neighborhood. Guided by posted signs through the... more travel advice
For anyone who has visited my other rural America pages, there tends to be a Carnegie library and Santa Fe depot on... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Gainesville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gainesville--A Touch Of The Victorian in Texas"
- "Grew Up On The Railroad"
- "On our way to Oklahoma City"
- "Basaic Gainesville Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gainesville
- Restaurants in Gainesville
- Shopping in Gainesville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gainesville
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Gainesville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gainesville
Photos in GainesvilleSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos