"Almost a Boutique of a National Park" Wind Cave National Park by mrclay2000
Wind Cave National Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 73 photos
In my drive through this tiny national park on the way to Mt Rushmore, I saw that the drive required seventeen minutes from the entrance to the exit. In between there were dozens of buffalo, a few pronghorn antelope, one or two coyotes and a prairie dog community to rival that outside Devils Tower.
I understand that there are caverns here (hence the name of the park) but caves generally do not provide to the naked eye those colors often witnessed in pamphlets and brochures. If you like boutique size things, step outside your vehicle for a few minutes and listen to the prairie dogs bark at your intrusion, and watch for buffaloes moving through the area.
- Pros:Small enough to enjoy in a handful of minutes
- Cons:Small enough to enjoy in a handful of minutes
- In a nutshell:Small enough to enjoy in a handful of minutes
If you were not familiar with this sculpture, the Crazy Horse monument is a 60-year-old work in progress. Construction... more travel advice
Most of the attractions in this part of the country are taken in turn, but they are spread out among the western... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Wind Cave National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Wind Cave National Park Page"
- "Unique wonders above and below ground"
- "Almost a Boutique of a National Park"
- "Wind Cave Natl Park - The long and winding cave."
- "Wind Cave National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wind Cave National Park
- Hotels in Wind Cave National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Wind Cave National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wind Cave National Park
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Wind Cave National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wind Cave National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: We Can No Longer Tolerate..."
- Commented on one of paulscuba's Wind Cave National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review And Last. . . in Wind Cave National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "And Last. . ."
- created a Wind Cave National Park Travel Page "Almost a Boutique of a National Park"
Photos in Wind Cave National ParkSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos