"A League of Their Own" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rushmore National Memorial by mrclay2000
Mount Rushmore National Memorial Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 330 photos
Built primarily during the 1930s, sculptor Gutzon Borglum and his grand design were just as bold and energetic as the presidents he has forever commemorated. Panels in the visitor center detail the progress of this vast work requiring the skills of over 400 artists, and describes the difficulties entailed in bringing the sculpture to life in such a unique location.
- Pros:Easy to enjoy - the sculpture's beauty changes with the hour
- Cons:Isolated from all nearby attractions
- In a nutshell:The grandest sculpture in America hands down!
About 17 miles southwest of Mount Rushmore and a few miles north of Custer SD on US-16 is the still incomplete memorial... more travel advice
The Black Hills are dense and rugged forest land covering the entire southwest corner of South Dakota. Virtually all the... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Mount Rushmore National Memorial Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Truly a spectacular Memorial"
- "Faces in the rock"
- "Mount Rushmore National Monument"
- "Unfinished Icon of the Founding Fathers"
- "A League of Their Own"
- "Look up the President's Nostrils"
- "They Paved Paradise & Put up a Parking Lot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Hotels in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Transportation in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Restaurants in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Shopping in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Mount Rushmore National Memorial?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: We Can No Longer Tolerate..."
- Commented on one of paulscuba's Mount Rushmore National Memorial travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sorcerer's Apprentice in Mount Rushmore National Memorial Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Normally Paired with the Presidents"
- created a Mount Rushmore National Memorial Travel Page "A League of Their Own"
Photos in Mount Rushmore National MemorialSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos