"Livin' On Tulsa Time" Top 5 Page for this destination Tulsa by mrclay2000
Tulsa Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 385 photos
Tulsa grew up under similar conditions as Oklahoma City, and as equals reaching maturity at the same time, neither grew up in the other's shadow. Like the larger capital city, Tulsa's downtown is a wonderful collection of old hotels and modern skyscrapers, with many of the former on the national register of historic places. Around the city center are a fine assortment of religious houses and other architectural gems, and farther out are the mom and pop businesses and merchandise houses of a modern metropolis. Known as the "Oil Capital of America," Tulsa has world-class art museums and an edge on Oklahoma City as the more cosmpolitan of the two. City streets are essentially listed alphabetically, so visitors can usually find their way around town without too much trouble.
- Pros:Great art museums and city architecture
- Cons:Finding the federal and interstate highways is not always easy
- In a nutshell:Easy to explore, friendly, full of wonderful scenes
Squeezed in a little bit closer to the monoliths of downtown, the prominent spire of the First Presbyterian Church rises... more travel advice
This handsome tower in blonde brick was started in 1918 and finished in 1927, and since that time it has housed a... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Tulsa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tulsa - A Treasure Worth Discovering"
- "Livin' On Tulsa Time"
- "Born There but a Visitor Now"
- "Livin' on Tulsa Time"
- "Judi's Hometown"
- "...Bagged a deer at the weekend !!!...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tulsa
- Hotels in Tulsa
- Transportation in Tulsa
- Nightlife in Tulsa
- Restaurants in Tulsa
- Shopping in Tulsa
- Warnings and Dangers in Tulsa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tulsa
- 25 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Tulsa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tulsa
Photos in TulsaSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos