"Perry Has Seen Its Masons" Perry by mrclay2000
Perry Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 48 photos
Perry today and yesterday is the county seat for Noble county, a small, fairly sparse county in north-central Oklahoma. In 1893, Perry sprang up overnight as a result of the Cherokee (Strip) Land Run, which opened 6 million acres to white settlement on former Indian lands. The run was a sequel to the famous original run known as the 89er Land Run (1889) which established Oklahoma City. Perry today is fairly small (about 5,000 people), but faithfully retains its ancient origins and turn-of-the-century buildings.
- Pros:Historic square is intact, with most turn-of-the-century buildings still surviving
- Cons:Few gems amid its modest skyline
- In a nutshell:A visit to Perry is a cookie-cutter tour of rural Oklahoma
In a town like Perry, the original buildings are only kept alive by the willingness and energy of modern businesses to... more travel advice
The local newspaper began production almost immediately after the Cherokee Strip opened to white settlement, as the... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Perry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perry Has Seen Its Masons"
- "DAWN BREAKS ON PERRY"
- "Perry: God's Forgotten Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perry
- Hotels in Perry
- Nightlife in Perry
- Restaurants in Perry
- Warnings and Dangers in Perry
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perry
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Perry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perry
Photos in PerrySee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos