"The City With An Odd Childhood" Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City by mrclay2000
Oklahoma City Travel Guide: 382 reviews and 734 photos
Oklahoma City ranks in the top 30 among American cities for population and among the top 5 for total area (622 sq mi). Formed on the banks of the North Canadian River, she grew up from scratch after the Land Run of 1889, when Indian lands were opened for homesteaders and settlers.
There are a lot of things to do here and most areas are easy to reach, but one generally thinks little of being an ambassador to his home town. If you like the races, we have world-class Remington Park. If you like the movies, we have a growing number of stadium-style theaters with up to 24 screens. We have some great art museums, incredible prehistory museums, several historic districts and a wonderful collection of churches throughout the city. Our urban renewal program (MAPs) is attempting to beautify downtown with a canal that wanders through historic Bricktown, which is also developing.
- Pros:A great place to grow up, if you're into that sort of thing
- Cons:We lag Dallas by four months on cultural transfusions. . .
- In a nutshell:Slow-paced and modest, but growing prettier every day
The Crystal Bridge downtown is one of the more peculiar Oklahoma City attractions. Visitors can leave the frost of... more travel advice
Remington Park is among the latest of the world-class horse-racing venues brought by the DeBartolo family. Betting is... more travel advice
- See All Tornado Alley
- See All Highrise Hello
- See All Urban Forgotten
- See All One of My Favorite Italian Restaurants
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Oklahoma City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City With An Odd Childhood"
- ""Oklahoma City is mighty pretty""
- "Highlights of OKC"
- "The Renaissance City - Oklahoma City"
- "Oklahoma City"
- "National OKC Memorial and Museum"
- "Oklahoma City Looks Oh So Pretty?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oklahoma City
- Hotels in Oklahoma City
- Transportation in Oklahoma City
- Nightlife in Oklahoma City
- Restaurants in Oklahoma City
- Shopping in Oklahoma City
- Warnings and Dangers in Oklahoma City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oklahoma City
- 106 Reviews
- 129 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 50 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Oklahoma City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oklahoma City
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Oklahoma City travel pages
- updated a Oklahoma City Travel Page "The City With An Odd Childhood"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The City With An Odd Childhood"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: We Can No Longer Tolerate..."
- Wrote a Review Crystal Bridge about Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City Things to Do
Photos in Oklahoma CitySee All Photos (129)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos