"The City With An Odd Childhood" Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City by mrclay2000

Oklahoma City Travel Guide: 380 reviews and 708 photos

My Hometown

Oklahoma City ranks in the top 30 among American cities for population and among the top 5 for total area (622 sq mi). Formed on the banks of the North Canadian River, she grew up from scratch after the Land Run of 1889, when Indian lands were opened for homesteaders and settlers.

There are a lot of things to do here and most areas are easy to reach, but one generally thinks little of being an ambassador to his home town. If you like the races, we have world-class Remington Park. If you like the movies, we have a growing number of stadium-style theaters with up to 24 screens. We have some great art museums, incredible prehistory museums, several historic districts and a wonderful collection of churches throughout the city. Our urban renewal program (MAPs) is attempting to beautify downtown with a canal that wanders through historic Bricktown, which is also developing.

• Pros:A great place to grow up, if you're into that sort of thing
  • Cons:We lag Dallas by four months on cultural transfusions. . .
  • In a nutshell:Slow-paced and modest, but growing prettier every day
  • Intro Updated Nov 16, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2010 at 8:34 AM

I used to travel to there 15 years ago, and always liked the city and its people were friendly. Not only oil makes a good city, but culture too.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Renaissance offers great Senior's specials on certain days! Hope we can catch a few days in O C when I finish up my 50 states! Greetings from Augusta, Ga

• Haoie's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Really interesting.

• Aug 22, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Correction, we at Citychurch have a chair lift available at our side entrance. Anyone unable to climb the stairs may enter at the chair lift and enjoy the entire cathedral including the Charming Corridor, without stairs in their way.

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 8:58 PM

Very great tips of the architecture of your city, thank´s for all this great pics.... Ismael

• Fantasmine's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 5:04 AM

Well done!! My sister lives here, I should have read your pages before going to OKC, you have so many tips !! LOL!!

• Apr 11, 2006 at 6:17 PM

This station is no longer in use. A brand new one has been built and is very nice i might add.

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2005 at 8:56 PM

Wow! 106 tips on Oklahoma City! I didnt know there were that many things to do. I guess i will have to plan a trip back now.

• Mar 8, 2005 at 11:27 AM

Was in OKC a couple of weekends, ago, visiting some friends. Went to the National Memorial and the Alfred P. Murrah Museum and was really moved. First time I've been there or back in OKC in some 20 plus years. Was amazed how much the place had changed.

• Dialing's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 11:13 AM

Thank you for the good words at Kyiv pages. U've created very special and stylish pics and descriptions of Oklahoma! :) Sunshine, Anna

mrclay2000 Lives Here!

mrclay2000

“I have no illusions. I lost them on my travels.”

Badges & Stats in Oklahoma City

Have you been to Oklahoma City?