"Fort Sill Military Base" Top 5 Page for this destination Lawton by mrclay2000
Lawton Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 10 photos
In the darkest corner of the military base lies the Apache graveyard. Even though the headstones are white and chiseled thoughtfully by the carver, this is no hallowed ground for the white man like the cemeteries at Arlington or Normandy. Geronimo and his family and many other Apaches lie entombed in this simple compound on the edge of an out-of-the-way military complex, remembered mainly by the white man but sometimes visited by the white.
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Lawton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fort Sill Military Base"
- "Basaic Lawton Page"
- "BFSkinner's new Lawton Page"
- "misterscot's new Lawton Page"
- "Military town"
- "This is where I call home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lawton
- Hotels in Lawton
- Nightlife in Lawton
- Restaurants in Lawton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lawton
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Lawton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lawton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos