"The Tale of the Tape" Edmond by mrclay2000
Edmond Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 17 photos
Though Edmond sprang into life overnight (like the rest of central Oklahoma) on April 22, 1889, after the Land Run, she has stood in the shadows of Oklahoma City for decades, being no more than a sizeable suburb with one of the most affordable colleges in the state and a host of Christian colleges, but little else of distinction. In the past thirty years or so, Edmond has enjoyed (or rued) a general increase in property values as the urban trend has pushed northward from the core of Oklahoma City. Edmond is now considered an upper-class neighborhood, an elite residence for the middle class, but still its overall appearance suffers in character and architectural richness. In the main, the suburb is crowded with strip malls, megastores, mom and pop shops, and homes ranging from $20,000 to over $1,000,000, but there are still true marvels in town if you know where to hunt.
- Pros:Every convenience known to man, central location, rectangular grid
- Cons:Snobbishness, elitism, overzealous police, often lackluster
- In a nutshell:Some of the state's neatest gems in this nouveau-posh old city
Edmond's most impressive church building and possibly its largest is the out-of-the-way First Presbyterian Church near... more travel advice
When considering all the new construction in Edmond, most opinions are bound to recite the latest restaurant, megastore,... more travel advice
mrclay2000's Related Pages
Edmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Tale of the Tape"
- "svrider's new Edmond Page"
- "Edmond Oklahoma"
- "EDMOND, OKLAHOMA"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edmond
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Edmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edmond
Photos in EdmondSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 106 reviews, 129 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 97 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 80 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 71 photos
- Prague Intro, 65 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos
- Guthrie Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos